President’s Corner

Pace alumni are proud of their alma mater, eager for connection to the University, and keen to know how they can play a role in our future. These are observations I have made from meeting with alumni groups in South Florida, Long Island, Chicago, and Rockland County in recent months, and in Westchester and New York during Homecoming.

Dear Colleagues,

Pace alumni are proud of their alma mater, eager for connection to the University, and keen to know how they can play a role in our future.

These are observations I have made from meeting with alumni groups in South Florida, Long Island, Chicago, and Rockland County in recent months, and in Westchester and New York during Homecoming.  I will travel to Northern and Southern California in the next few weeks to meet with alumni who have settled on the West Coast and will no doubt hear more of the same.

Building a culture of community is one of our goals in the new Strategic Plan.  Alumni are important members of our community. They support the University through participation in the Annual Fund, scholarships, and other funding opportunities; they influence the U.S. News & World Report rankings that help build our reputation; they mentor current students; and they are a source of internships and much more.  One very telling indicator of their interest in Pace:  Donations to the Annual Fund increased 26 percent  last year over the year before.

Our Office of Development and Alumni Relations has created a full slate of outreach programs for alumni this year, culminating in a very special Reunion next June at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.  We’ve also developed a number of exciting cultural events—including our Shakespeare at Pace Festival and InsideTrack, a series of discussions on current events and public policy issues—intended to attract, enlighten, and engage not only alumni, but also faculty, staff, and students.

As we begin implementing the Strategic Plan, I encourage you to think of ways that we can continue to build that culture of community. I also encourage you to join me for a mid-year progress report on the first-year implementation plans for the Strategic Plan on Wednesday, December 1, in New York and Tuesday, December 7, in Pleasantville.  I am pleased to report that we are moving forward in many areas and are already producing desired results.  I look forward to sharing details on those programs – and others where we need to continue to focus – at the meetings.

Sincerely yours,

Stephen J. Friedman
President