President’s Corner

President's CornerDear Colleagues,

In my last column for Opportunitas, I wrote about Pace’s new advertising campaign, which highlights points of pride across the University. Many of these pride points are easily quantified—our 34 Fulbright recipients, for example, or our internship program’s ranking among the top 10 in the nation. Over the past month, however, I have been reminded again and again of the qualitative elements that make Pace such a special place—the care and compassion of our community, the loyalty we feel toward this University and its important mission, and the pleasure we take in celebrating the successes of our colleagues.

At the very moving dedication of the clock tower in memory of DJ Henry, I witnessed the Pace family gathering together to embrace the Henry family with affection and respect. At an alumni event in Boca Raton, Florida, I talked with graduates who said that Pace gave them the opportunity they needed to succeed in this world, and I saw the powerful role that faculty play in keeping alumni engaged with the University. At the recent employee recognition events in New York City and Pleasantville, and earlier in White Plains, I had the fun of joining with you to recognize the excellence of Pace faculty and staff. Indeed, when we are excellent, Pace is excellent—whether that excellence can be measured in rankings and statistics or is simply understood by everyone who comes in contact with the Pace Community.

One of the best parts about my job is that I get to see these remarkable moments as they happen across the University. I want to make sure that you know they are happening too, so I will be writing about them in my blog for faculty and staff. I re-launched the blog in earnest a few weeks ago, and I am committed to using this important tool to communicate with you about a wide range of topics. I hope you will drop by and, as always, I invite your comments and feedback.

Thank you for all you do to make Pace such a special place. Thank you for making Pace, Pace.

Sincerely yours,

Stephen J. Friedman
President

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email