- Download our MyPace Mobile App (www.pace.edu/mypacemobile) and look for the Exam Schedule module: Final Schedule Site
Spring 2013 ePortfolio Student Contest Winners
The judges’ scores are in! Below are the winners of the third annual spring contest—log in to ePortfolio to check out their superlative ePortfolios.
- Pamela Marianelli Agbulos: A freshman political science major who created her ePortfolio on her own after being briefly introduced to the tool in UNV101.
- Yekaterina Tsvetkova: An undergraduate Lubin student who created her ePortfolio almost entirely in Russian as part of her modern languages coursework.
- Caitlin Kirschbaum: A graduate student in the Masters in Communications and Media Arts with vast skill sets in areas such as social media, marketing, video production, photography and public relations.
- Heather Askildsen: A senior English major created a career-oriented ePortfolio that showcases her writing.
New Wireless Technology for Students, Faculty, and Staff Update
Starting mid-May, we will begin the migration of the new Cisco wireless technology at One Pace Plaza building (with the exception of Maria’s Tower). We will be posting a general schedule for the building on our website. In addition, we will also be posting signage and have handouts in key locations.
If you are connecting to wireless in the buildings or specific locations list above, you will see the network information below:
- Pace_Connect will now be called PACE-OPEN
- Pace_Secure will now be called PACE-WIRELESS
Microsoft Lync Settings Update
In order to improve the user experience when scheduling and conducting Lync online meetings and the Web conferences, we have updated the Microsoft Lync’s default settings. For a video tutorial on customizing meeting options, click here.
In addition, a new “Lync Delegate” feature has been enabled which will allow a designated person to set up a Lync meeting on behalf of someone else. To learn how Lync delegate access works, you can review tutorials here.
Another benefit of enabling Lync Delegate access is that it will also turn on the Lync “voice calling” feature. This means that calls to internal Pace numbers/extensions can now be made via the dial pad icon on the main Lync window. Just type in the number or extension of the person you want to call and press CALL. Note: To use this feature, you must have either a microphone or speaker connected to your computer or a microphone enabled headset.
While the upgrade is in progress, users may see references to emailnyc.pace.edu or emailwst.pace.edu in their mail clients. Some mail clients may require configuration changes to continue to function. Please review the table on the following site Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Upgrade and take note of any changes required for the mail client you use.
Once the upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 is complete this summer, emailnyc.pace.edu and emailwst.pace.edu will no longer be required and all users will be able to use email.pace.edu again.
Blackboard Upgrade in May
Blackboard Learn servers will be taken offline on Thursday, May 23, from 4:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in order to install a service pack upgrade. The update will provide a number of enhancements to the Blackboard Learning Management System. More details are available from CTLT’s blog at the following site: Enhanced Features of Blackboard Learn in May.
University Policy Library for Students, Faculty, and Staff Available in May
The University has been working on creating a central location for all relevant University policies. This library is to ensure faculty, staff, and students have easy access to policies that affect them and their respective areas/groups. It will be available by mid-May through your Portal account.