President’s Corner

President's CornerDear Colleagues,

Last week I had the pleasure of attending the dedication of Ottinger Hall at Pace Law School. It was a warm and wonderful occasion, honoring former Dean Dick Ottinger for his special place in Pace history as a seminal leader and devoted mentor to 30 years of Pace Law School students. As I said in my prepared remarks, “I cannot think of a better tribute to Dick than renaming the classroom building in his honor. And I cannot think of a more inspiring name for the building that brings together our students and faculty in a community of learning.”

At the 2013 Commencement we will have the opportunity to celebrate another major figure in the history of Pace, Neil Bianco ’61, who will be stepping down as Chair of the Pace Board of Trustees. As a Pace alumnus, Neil has experienced the power of Opportunitas in his own life and he has worked tirelessly to extend that opportunity to new generations of Pace students. He has served as a Trustee for more than 40 years.  During a chairmanship that spanned 14 years and 3 Pace presidents, he has also attended every Commencement, where he confers the degrees on our graduates.  I look forward to sharing the stage with him as he performs this official duty one final time.

I hope you will be able to attend at least one of our Commencements as either as a volunteer or as a spectator.  If you cannot attend the ceremonies in person, you can watch them online at the Pace website. It is an honor to spend this very special day with our graduates and their families.

Thank you for all you are doing to make this another wonderful spring at Pace.

Sincerely yours,

Stephen J. Friedman

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email