Provost’s Post

Dear Colleagues,

I’m a strong believer that when one door closes, another one opens. I’ve seen it over and over again in my life and in the lives of others.

Since the time I entered nursing school some 40 plus years ago, many doors have opened for me.   The choices I made to travel through those doors have provided many challenges and rewards.   No matter how varied my experiences have been, there has always been one common theme:  a commitment to the greater good in all that I do. That commitment is clear to me as I become involved in a different way to continually enhance the quality of academic programs here at Pace.      

My first day at Pace in the role of dean at Lienhard was Monday, August 2, 1993. Exactly 17 years to the day later, I started my new post as interim provost.  Although much has changed in the past 17 years, I bring to my new job the same values I brought to Pace when I first arrived: a strong work ethic, integrity, honesty, loyalty, and a commitment to bring about change that will make our community a  better place to live and work.

How am I spending my first few days?  Getting to know all those directly connected with the Office of the Provost; getting to know my new boss in a different way; getting to know my new peers; establishing trust; finding out where the systems aren’t working , and so much more.  These first few days and weeks are critical; they will lay the foundation for the work I set out to accomplish this year. 

This will be an exciting year for Pace and I am thrilled to be able to play a leadership role  in shaping the strategic plan, finalizing the Faculty Handbook, supporting faculty development initiatives, and expanding enrollments in critical areas that will advance the vision and mission of Pace.

As interim provost of Pace, I hope to work for the greater good of our faculty, staff and students.  I hope that you will join me in working together to make this year a rewarding and successful one for all of us, especially for our students.

Warm regards,

Harriet R. Feldman, PhD, RN, FAAN
Interim Provost