Open enrollment is just around the corner. Plus, take your children, nieces, nephews, and more to work day.
Take Our Daughters and Sons To Work® Day
On Thursday, April 28, all faculty and staff are encouraged to invite their daughters, sons, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews between the ages of 8 and 15 to work. Several activities are being planned to acquaint children with Pace University and introduce them to the workplace. Questions? Please contact Rosemary Mulry at email@example.com or x22645.
The Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Period Is Coming!
The annual benefits Open Enrollment period will take place late April 2011 through early May 2011. This is your opportunity to review your current benefit elections and make changes to your medical, vision, dental and life insurance coverage, as well as enroll in a health care or dependent child care Flexible Spending Account. All changes made during this open enrollment period will become effective on July 1, 2011.
More information regarding the annual benefits Open Enrollment period will be forthcoming. All communications regarding Open Enrollment will be sent via e-mail and will also be available on the Human Resources web site.
TIAA-CREF is back on campus to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding your new retirement plan. Check below to see what dates representatives from TIAA-CREF will be on your campus this month. To schedule a one-on-one appointment please contact TIAA-CREF at 1-800-732-8353. For a full schedule of dates, contact University Benefits at x22828.
|Thursday, March 17
||9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
||Room 200, Goldstein Academic Center
|Friday, March 18
||9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Briarcliff Dining Hall Conference Room
|Monday, March 21
||Lubin Graduate Center
||9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, March 22
||New York City
|9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Dyson Conference Room
Award Winners, Weight Watchers, and W2’s! HR is giving you a wealth of information this month.
You’re a star, so it’s time to roll out the red carpet! Mark your calendars to join us in celebrating the accomplishments and milestones of our talented faculty and staff at one (or all!) of the three Employee Recognition Ceremonies:
New York City Award Ceremony and Reception
Friday, March 11, 20113:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Multipurpose Room, B Level, One Pace Plaza
Law School/Graduate Center Award Ceremony and Reception
Friday, March 18, 2011
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tudor Room, Preston Hall
Briarcliff/Pleasantville Award Ceremony and Reception
Friday, March 25, 2011
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Gottesman Room, Kessel Student Center
- Tis the season to get your taxes done: This year, don’t wait until the last minute. Your electronic 2010 W2 is available now on the Pace Portal! If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Department at (914) 923-2898 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invest in yourself this year! Are you interested in joining Weight Watchers at Work? If so, contact Rosemary Mulry at email@example.com or call her at x22645.
- Get organized and get ahead: The Organizational Learning and Development is once again offering its popular Project Management course on March 3 and 4 at the Graduate Center in White Plains. We are also offering iStrategy Banner Student training, Drupal Web Content Management training, and much more! For more information on these great tech training opportunities, please call X22635. Click here to access the Organizational Learning & Development Calendar and register for these and other training courses.
YES! HR wants to keep you informed about important things regarding training, goal keeping, TIAA-CREFF and most importantly, celebrating each other.
- Spread the word—“YES! Your Excellence Shows” employee recognition: As a reminder, all full-time and part-time staff members and students are eligible to receive the YES Award, so give a shout out to someone you think is doing a good job. Nominations can be made by other staff, faculty, students, or vendors who work with the employee (or employees – you can also nominate groups of employees online now). For more information and to recognize Pace staff members or students online visit the YES Recognition Program website.
- Training in 2011: The spring 2011 Organizational Learning & Development training calendar is now available online. This semester choose from an array of programs ranging from conflict resolution to training in our new content management system, Drupal. Click here to access the calendar and register for a session.
- FYI managers: In case you didn’t realize, we are now halfway through the Performance Management and Development Process (PMDP) for FY2011. Managers may want to connect with staff in a mid-year goal review (and staff may want to remind themselves what’s on their plate for the next six months).
Setting goals, big transitions, and employee recognition—HR sends us some reminders for wrapping up the end of the year as well as information on how to make 2011 great!
Setting Your Goals for 2011
The FY2011 Performance Management and Development Process (PMDP) Goal Setting form is available on the Pace Portal for you to input your performance goals and expectations for the July 2010-June 2011 period. These goals will serve as the basis for your FY2011 performance review, so it is important to get them into the system as soon as possible. If you have questions, please contact Bob Lazer at x22746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Goal Setting 2011 process comes to a close, it’s the perfect time to register for a training course. Click here to access the spring 2011 Organizational Learning and Development training calendar and register. If you have questions, contact Susan Donahue at x22766 or email@example.com.
Transitioning to TIAA-CREF
The Pace HR website has been updated with a page dedicated to the transition of TIAA-CREF as the sole record keeper for the Pace 403(b) plan. Please visit the HR Benefits page for more information, links to group and one-on-one meeting schedules, fund information, etc. If you have questions, call the Benefits Department at x22828 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re a Star!
Help make the Employee Recognition Ceremonies a success! Your involvement in the nomination process is essential in making the special award program meaningful and successful. You can become involved in the following ways:
- Nominate an individual or team. Simply click here, complete the nomination form and submit it by Friday, January 21, 2011.
- Join the nomination committee responsible for selecting award recipients. Representation by faculty, staff, and students creates a diverse committee! If you are interested in participating on the committee, please contact Rosemary Mulry at email@example.com by Friday, December 10, 2010.
Don’t forget to check out the 2011 University Holiday Calendar!
This month’s HR Report is brought to you by the letter T… Read about the changes that are coming down the pike and how they will affect Pace faculty and staff. Also be sure to check out the 2011 University Holiday Calendar and start planning for next year!
Time Off: The 2011 University Holiday Calendar
The 2011 Holiday Calendar has been posted. Next year, the University is closed and will pay its full-time employees for 13 holidays in 2011 and for 2 floating holidays to be taken anytime during the 2011 calendar year. Click here to view.
From managing stress to managing projects and employees, HR has a roster of skills training programs available for faculty and staff. Click here to view their fall 2010 schedule and register for courses. HR also offers dedicated and customized departmental training on request. If you have any questions, or you are interested in dedicated training, please contact Susan Donahue, Organizational Learning & Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or x22766.
Effective January 1, 2011, TIAA-CREFF will become Pace’s sole service provider of the 403(b) Retirement Plan. By choosing TIAA-CREFF as our sole provider, Pace will now be able to offer a wider range of competitively performing investment choices, self-directed brokerage, and advice that matches your retirement goals.
All eligible employees will be required to enroll in a new TIAA-CREF account between today and December 31. Reps from TIAA-CREFF will be on campus now through the mid-December if you’d like to set up a group or individual meeting session. For further information about what this means for you, please visit our FAQs or contact the Benefits Department at x22828 or email@example.com.
Pace will continue to participate in the tuition exchange programs offered through Tuition Exchange, Inc. and the Council of Independent Colleges for the 2011-2012 academic year. To learn about the types of scholarships being offered, prerequisites, and forms for applications, visit the Human Resources website. If you are applying to a tuition exchange program, or if you have a student who is currently receiving a tuition exchange scholarship and are requesting recertification for the 2011-2012 year, please contact the Benefits Department at x22828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students aren’t the only ones heading back to school. HR is here to help you prepare for new employees, brush up on what you forgot over the summer with refresher courses, plus don’t forget about school photos (that’s right, it’s time to update your Pace ID card!)
The new academic year is a perfect time to refresh your communication, customer service, and performance management skills. The Organizational Learning and Development Department offers training programs that teach skills to help you resolve conflicts, respond to customer demands, conduct behavioral interviews, and address emotions in the workplace with confidence. Click here to view the calendar of training programs offered this Fall and to register for any of our programs. The department is also available to provide dedicated programs for your department, including training and team building. If you are interested in a dedicated workshop, please contact Susan Donahue at x22766.
Don’t Get Carded
Don’t forget to visit your campus security or ID office to validate your current Pace ID with a new sticker for the 2010-2011 academic year:
||Dow Hall Lobby
||1st Floor Security Desk
||8th Floor Security Desk
||One Pace Plaza, B Level
||1st floor Goldstein Academic Center or Kessel Student Center
|White Plains – Law School
||Preston Hall or Aloysia Hall
Helping New Employees Climb On-Board
Do you have new employees starting with the new academic year? Human Resources is here to help smooth the way. To learn about our On-Boarding process and help create a positive experience for you new hires (plus a faster transition to them becoming fully engaged and productive members of the University), visit “Getting Started at Pace” on the HR website.
The World Cup may be over, but here at Pace we’re still focused on meeting our goals. Now is the time to wrap up your performance review and start thinking about your plans for next year.
Plus, if you’re not sure who to contact for your benefits information, check out our handy print-and-go cheat sheet.
Performance Management and Development Process (PMDP) Updates
At this point, the FY2010 PMDP Review and the FY2011 Individual Goal Setting processes should both be well underway in your department. All reviews should be completed and submitted to Human Resources by September 30, 2010. Goals for FY2011 should be approved and submitted by October 31, 2010. If you have questions about the process, contact Bob Lazer, Director Organizational Learning & Development at email@example.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your HR Cheat Sheet
Not sure who to contact about your benefits? Print out our handy Employee Benefits Quick Contact Card so you have all the numbers and URLs at your fingertips.